Inside: Teach kindness and determination with these handpicked inspirational sayings for kids.
My heart pounded in my chest and my shoulders tensed. I was late. Still, my footsteps slowed as I passed the aromatic rose bush.
I took the saying “stop and smell the roses” literally as a child. I loved the smell of roses. Why not pause and enjoy it more often?
The idea stuck with me as I grew. In hectic times, those words remind me to pause and enjoy the simple things in life. If a rose happens to be available – bonus.
I wonder what inspirational sayings my kids will carry with them as they grow.
25 Inspirational Sayings for Kids Your Family Will Love
I retraced my steps and buried my nose in the soft pink petals. My shoulders relaxed and my heartbeat slowed as I inhaled the sweet smell.
Calm and centered, I was ready for whatever came next.
These handpicked inspirational sayings for kids encourage kindness and determination. Read them, enjoy them with your family – and don’t forget to stop and smell the roses.
1. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” ~Vivian Greene
2. “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.” ~Mick Jagger
3. “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” ~Wolfgang Riebe
4. “When it rains look for rainbows, when it’s dark look for stars.” ~Oscar Wilde
5. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” ~Fred Rogers
6. You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes. ~A. A. Milne
7. “If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan.” ~Claire Cook
8. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
9. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” ~Nelson Mandela
10. “Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.” ~Henry Ford
11. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~A. A. Milne
12. “Have patience with all things, but first of all with yourself.” ~Saint Francis de Sales
13. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank
14. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~Maya Angelou
15. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” ~Aesop
16. “Be Silly, Be Honest, Be Kind.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” ~Minor Myers
18. “Those who are the happiest are those who do the most for others.” ~Booker T. Washington
19. “Be the change that you want to see in the world.” ~Ghandi
20. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” ~Dalai Lama
21. “It’s good to have an end to journey toward, but it’s the journey that matters in the end.” ~Ursula K. LeGuin
22. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” ~Helen Keller
23. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ~Dr. Seuss
24. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” ~Albert Einstein
25. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” ~Confucious