Songs and Rhymes for Babies
- Round and Round the Garden is a simple chant suitable for newborns and up.
- This Little Piggie was a favorite of mine as a child. I like to replace the lyrics “roast beef” with whatever the child likes to eat.
- This video teaches three great songs. The first is the classic chant Pat-a-Cake. Say your child’s name instead of “Baby.”
- Big Fat Hen (at 35 seconds) is a simple counting song that you can continue from infancy through preschool. Toddlers and preschoolers can move their own bodies or move a teddybear.
- London bridge (at 1:05) is a classic children’s tune for babies and beyond. This video shows movements to use with your baby and toddler.
- Tic Toc is a new favorite of mine. Sing to your newborn while she is one her back, tickling gently on each “Cuckoo!” Use the motions in the video for babies who are ready. Toddlers and preschoolers can move their own bodies or do the motions with a teddy bear.
- Baby’s Lullaby (song at 1:20) is a lovely tune I recently discovered. It’s a wonderful bedtime song to rock your baby to.
Baby’s love repetition. Sing these songs often and they become familiar favorites for you and your child.